Frequently Asked Questions

What documents do I need to bring to my tax preparation appointment?

Personal Data Social Security Numbers (including spouse and children)

Employment & Income Data W-2 forms for this year Tax refunds and unemployment compensation: Form 1099-G Miscellaneous income including rent: Form 1099-MISC Pensions and annuities Alimony received Gambling and lottery winnings Scholarships and fellowships State and local income tax refunds Unemployment compensation

Health Insurance Information Any and all 1095-(A, B, or C) Forms provided marketplace providers, employer, or insurer Homeowner/Renter Data Residential address(es) for this year Mortgage interest: Form 1098 Sale of your home or other real estate: Form 1099-S Second mortgage interest paid Real estate taxes paid Rent paid during tax year Moving expenses Financial Assets Interest income statements: Form 1099-INT & 1099-OID Dividend income statements: Form 1099-DIV Proceeds from broker transactions: Form 1099-B Retirement plan distribution: Form 1099-R Capital gains or losses

Deduction Documents State and local income taxes IRA, Keogh and other retirement plan contributions Medical expenses Casualty or theft losses

Financial Liabilities Student loan interest paid Early withdrawal penalties on CDs and other fixed time deposits


Expenses Gifts to charity (receipts for any single donations of $250 or more) Unreimbursed expenses related to volunteer work Unreimbursed expenses related to your job (travel expenses, entertainment, uniforms, union dues, subscriptions) Investment expenses Job-hunting expenses Education expenses (tuition and fees) Child care expenses, along with child care provider’s Tax I.D./Social Security Number Medical Savings Accounts Adoption expenses Alimony paid Tax return preparation expenses and fees


“William Walker, LTP discusses what items businesses should review before tax preparation”

Contact Us

The best way to reach us is by calling our main phone line 503-648-6184

If you prefer to email please use the form below.